Customs clearance and trade compliance in the EU training
In the EU, companies - various stakeholders of the international supply chain - report shortage of customs clearance and trade compliance specialists. The overall aim of the course is to fill the gap. This extensive course provides newcomers and cross-functional employees with the knowledge needed to successfully manage compliance and mitigate risk in this complex area.
Take a look at the 🔗PDF brochure that sumarises the benefits of the course.
A customs practitioner’s role within a business is to identify, manage and mitigate the risks whilst ensuring the goods keep moving. This extensive in-depth 21 modules, 75-hour training lays a solid foundation for this role. It aims:
- to help companies in various industries, such as trading, manufacturing, logistics, customs consulting, and of various sizes to train both new and current employees;
- to provide knowledge for those who seek enhancement of their carrier in export-import of goods-related bussiness, where the customs knowledge is indispensable in most departments of the company, for example, management team, logistics, finance, procurement, sales, and legal.
One of the biggest challenges in the supply chain is managing compliance requirements, which are enforced by customs authorities at the borders. This is likely to be part of your responsibilities in your managerial or specialist role. This course will give you the confidence to handle them and address risks. Gain an in-depth understanding of customs and the related trade processes; ensure you deal with customs-related matters compliantly, with confidence and take advantage of the time and money-saving opportunities provided for in legal acts. Watch this ▶️video to learn more about the benefits and, also, what and how your will learn.
The training was developed by an international team of experienced trainers - from Ireland, Lithuania, Germany, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Ukraine, Greece, and France - of the Customs Knowledge Institute:
- Anthony Buckley, Chair of the CKI Board, CEO at Anthony Buckley Consulting Ltd., former Head of Irish Customs, Ireland
- Jessica Yang, Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist at Takeda, Director at JY XBorder Consulting LLC, Switzerland/the United Kingdom
- Patrick Nieveler, Manager Customs & Excise Tax at BMW, Founder & CEO of PASSANI Academy, Germany
- Inessa Platonova, Vice President FIATA, Vice President ICC Ukraine, Founder & CEO of PLASKE Academy, Ukraine
- Dr. Momchil Antov, Chairman of the Board of the National Organization of Customs Agents, Associated Professor at the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics, Bulgaria
- Dr Gediminas Valantiejus, Attorney at Law at GVLEX, Lecturer at Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Annette Reiser, Attorney at Law, Customs and Trade Compliance, Switzerland/Germany
- Athanassios Pantazis, Owner & CEO of Pantazis & Associates customs services, Greece
And this is yet not the full list of experts who share with you their know-how in the training! See the content below.
Download 🔗detailed programme in PDF.
Background knowledge is provided in these modules:
- 1/21 Business understanding of customs by Jessica Yang
- 2a/21 Supply chain operations by Inessa Platonova
- 2b/21 Customs formalities in the supply chain by Enrika Naujoke
- 3/21 Customs legislation and regulation by Anthony Buckley
- 4/21 Customs representation by Dr Momchil Antov
Tariff and non-tariff measures are dealt with in these modules:
- 5/21 Non-tariff regulation by Anthony Buckley
- 6/21 VAT related to export and import by Monika Bielskiene
- 7/21 Excise related to export and import by Jovita Dobrovalskiene
- 8/21 Customs duty, debt and its payment by Anthony Buckley
- 9/21 Tariff classification of goods by Egle Pučkuviene
- 10/21 Value by Monika Bielskiene
- 11/21 Origin by Annette Reiser
Learn customs procedures and formalities by taking these modules:
- 12/21 Customs declaration by Anthony Buckley
- 13/21 Goods brought into the Union customs territory by Anouck Biernaux
- 14/21 Release for free circulation by Dr Gediminas Valantiejus
- 15/21 Special procedures by Patrick Nieveler
- 16/21 Transit by Athanassios Pantazis
- 17/21 Goods taken out of the Union customs territory by Enrika Naujoke
Compliance management-related modules:
- 18/21 Customs decisions and authorisations by Anthony Buckley
- 19/21 Export control and sanctions by Annette Reiser
- 20/21 Risk management by Dr Talke Ovie
- 21/21 Customs IT systems by Michael Tomuscheit
- Contact the course coordinator any time you have questions;
- Join biweekly online drop-in sessions and meet the lecturers in person;
- Learn to fill out a customs declaration using 🔗Custran software;
- Enjoy free access to all the 🔗articles on CustomsClear;
- Grow your knowledge by joining 🔗CKI Community.
The investment for this knowledge is €2,400 (VAT excluded). Upon purchase, you will be granted access to the course for 3 months.
Contact us for a special offer if you are purchasing this course for several employees of your company.
Customs Knowledge Institute: 🔗the Customs Knowledge Institute is an Irish not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to bring together passionate customs practitioners for the purpose of enhancing customs knowledge.
CustomsClear: we are the customs-related knowledge marketplace and our goal is to connect knowledge seekers with industry-related experts. Check our other available 🔗customs compliance courses.
- Publikuota: October 02, 2022
- Unlock duration: 3 mėnesiams
- Parengė Customs Knowledge Institute (CKI)
- Video trukmė: 41h 26min
Prieiga prie resursų suteikiama įsigijus kursą.