Union Customs Code
- Topic: law national
The Union Customs Code (UCC) is set out in the Regulation (EU) No 952/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9.10.2013. UCC lays down the general rules and procedures applicable to goods brought into or taken out of the customs territory of the EU.
The UCC applies uniformly throughout the customs territory and is the main customs legal act in the EU. Watch the video and learn answers to these questions:
- What legal acts were applied before the UCC (the background)?
- What changes led to the creation of UCC?
- Which regulations constitute UCC and where to find them?
There is a task at the end of the video to learn more about electronic customs systems, you will find information here.
Numbers of regulations, which constitute the UCC and can be found in the EUR-Lex database:
- 952/2013 Union Customs Code
- 2015/2446 Delegated Act
- 2015/2447 Implementing Act
- 2016/341 Transitional Act, 2019/2151 Work Program
Tip: Choose the current consolidated version of the legal act in the database.
Note: Additionally, provisions supplementing or implementing UCC might be adopted at the Union or national level.
- Market: EU - European Union
To post a comment you need to